Forged Superlite Calipers - 4 pistons, Lightweight, track proven, wallet friendly
Also available with Wilwood Parking brake Dual Caliper Option
Brake Caliper mounting brackets are made out of 1 piece CNC Billet 7075-T6 Aerospace grade Aluminum (stronger and 1/3 the weight of most mild steels). Hard anodized for extreme environmental protection.
Parking brake caliper mounting bracket is made from 6mm thick carbon steel and finished with a matte black protective coating
Brake rotors are available plain, slotted only, or drilled and slotted. Plain or Slotted only is best for reliability and performance. Drilled and slotted looks cooler but may develop cracks around the holes under heavy duty track use. These rotors are vanned/have inner air passage channels and are designated either Left or Right side so please make sure you install the correct side or the rotor would not cool properly. Rotors despite being the same diameter have different thickness for our front and back BBK kits as a heads up.
- Hardware to mount everything
- Pair of One Piece LIGHTWEIGHT 7075-T6 Aluminum Mounting brackets to mount Forged Superlite Wilwood quad piston brake caliper
- Heavy Duty pair of US D.O.T. Approved Technafit brake lines
- Pair of Forged Superlite Wilwood Calipers
- Pair of RX8 Front Suspension 13" Brake Rotors (Your choice of plain rotor, slotted, drilled & slotted). Our opinion is that Basic level works for daily use and can be used on track at a great price and does everything decently but is not the best out there.
- Basic Level can be used for track and is cheapest to replace. Lifespan, cooling and harmonics may not be as nice and smooth as higher tier rotors but still a significant improvement in performance over stock 91 turbo brakes. For the average auto consumer, most probably wouldn't even notice a difference.
- Intermediate level great for daily use and trackable
- High performance - Excellent for performance, track and daily use.
- A set of Wilwood brake pads of your choice.
- BP-10 High performance Street use
- BP-20 Streetable track pad - Easy to modulate braking. Can be a little noisy when cold. Good reliable bite when cold. Can take quite a bit of abuse on track before fading. Think ~330WHP, wide open throttle, high speed braking for a few laps on a road circuit course attempting to break time attack record in mind. May start fading due to high temperature after the 4th-9th lap of a 1-3 mile circuit under repeated full load with high intermediate/advanced driver. Run an easy lap to cool down if needed and repeat abuse :). Many are able to track with these on 300whp all day without any issues.
- BP-30 High temperature racing pad - RACE ONLY - Not for street use. Great for advanced/pro level road circuit competition, time attack
- BP-40 - Xtreme High Temp Racing Pad - Good luck, try and fade these :)
Wilwood MC-4 Parking Brake Caliper Kit Add on
- Custom Parking Brake Cables
- A pair of MC-4 Calipers - Color matched with your main caliper
- Additional mounting hardware, brake pads, brackets
- All 1991-1998 Toyota MR2
- Our front and rear kit when paired together meets or exceeds OE brake bias dynamics
- If you're on an OEM Non Turbo Brake proportioning valve, our F&R kit does extremely well with BP10 & BP20 pads and significantly improves on the OEM 1993+ Turbo Brake Bias curves by a significant amount. From 0.5 to 0.7G, 60-63% front biased and from 0.7 all the way up to 1.4G results in ideal 63%-68% front bias respectively to help prevent the rear wheels from locking up as more weight is shifted towards the front of the car during harder braking. For comparison, 93 OE turbo brake system manages 60-65% front bias throughout 0.8-1.4Gs respectively. Most sticky street legal track racing tires on track cars can commonly pull around 1.0-1.3G before exceeding available tire grip.
- If you are on an OEM Turbo Brake proportioning valve, our F&R kit does decently with BP10 & BP20 pads. Throughout 0.5 to 1.4gs of deceleration, the front and rear kit maintains stable 62-64% front bias and around 36% rear bias, very similar to OEM 93T brake bias.
- 17" Wheels required
- These are for and intended for OFF ROAD USAGE only... With that being said, whatever you decide to do with your car using these brakes is up to you.
- Standard caliper color is anodized gray. Powder coated red or black is available for an additional $140.