Introducing the TRD / C's Hybrid shifter
You may ask, why and what is a hybrid shifter...
- The Original TRD shifter had some flaws in its design and is very notchy as reported by many users.
- The TRD shifter was good because of its lowered height compared to OEM shifters but the throws were very bad and the bends were off.
- People loved the C's shifter reproduction and considered it the best shifter ever made to date. But some still requested an even shorter lever (Lever height and not throw).
- So here we have a C's shifter and combined it with the TRD's height. With this, it has reduced the "notchy" feel of the original TRD design.
- With all the proper bends and linkage positioning from the original C's design, then combined with the TRD length/height, it is believed that this may have once again made the best shifter lever for the MR2 (SW20).
The best selling shifter lever for the SW20
C’s Japan shifters has been long gone, discontinued and out of business. This reproduction was based off of their original design, fixed/enhanced some of its features and re-produced the shifter using modern technology and equipment.
The discontinued C’s shifter was the best shifter money could buy for the MR2 back in the day. It surpassed even the TRD. Now, it is once again available!
C's was Japan's leader in short shifter design and technology. The exceptional detail and emphasis placed on product quality and performance has earned C's a reputation that is unmatched by any other shifters on the market. C's shifters are used by everyone from professional drivers to enthusiasts.
By altering the geometry of a the OEM shifter, it created the superior shifter design. With a shortened shift stroke, shifts are made quicker and more accurately, resulting in increased performance. These short shifters are designed with the right combination of angle, length, and bends to give your shifts a shorter stroke and the precision needed. Adding this short stroke shifter to your vehicle will not only result in increased performance, it will also give your vehicle a more solid and precise feel
- Full Stainless Steel
- One Piece construction (NO welds like OEM and/or original C’s)
- Designed for the SW20 (all years) (LHD or RHD)
What You Get:
- Shifter Lever
- Drop Plate
- 3x Longer Bolts
- Lever Side Pivot Cup Bushing
- Grease lube
Optional Shifter Base Plate Bushings can be added for $20 (set of 8)
Further enhance your shifting feel by replacing the old and worn OEM rubber bushings. The replacement bushings is a upgrade from OEM rubber. Guaranteed to have zero play, rattle, or squeaks. They will never rust, corrode or wear out for the full lifetime of your car. Hit two birds with one stone while installing the C's short shifter and the bushing kit.
Optional Custom Shifter Lever Seat Cup Bushings can be added for $29
To fix any looseness and movement of the shifter ball, it is HIGHLY recommended to purchase a new Seat Cup Bushing. Your original one is over a decade old, and guaranteed to be loose and worn out. Purchasing our custom seat cup together with our shifter kit can save you money and a lot of time when installing your new shifter. Do it right and do it once!
Add one of our weighted shift knob and save $$$ as a bundle discount
Further elevate your shifting feel by installing one of our weighted OEM style shift knobs to the lever. Designed to meet the optimal weight required to assist in your ultimate shifting experience. You will experience smoother and faster shifts!